Cradle Mountain National Park Day Tour from LauncestonA comprehensive Launceston to Cradle Mountain tour with expert guide.
Awaken your senses to the natural splendour with a Cradle Mountain National Park tour in the surroundings of lovely Launceston. Go deep into the Tasmanian forest & experience the solitary wilderness of waterfalls, glacial lakes, rainforest, wildlife and unsurpassed beauty of this World Heritage listed National Park. Discover many walks throughout the rainforest - catch your breath as you first glimpse the craggy outcrop of majestic Cradle Mountain towering above sparkling Dove Lake plateau.
Our Cradle Mountain tours let you experience one of the principal tourist sites in Tasmania - a direct reflection of its degree of natural beauty. What is often referred to as “One of the world’s best multi-day walks” begins here on the Overland Track that leads through a range of amazing landscapes and finishes at Australia’s deepest lake, Lake St. Clair.
- Travel through green pastures South West of Launceston
- The mountains of the Great Western Tiers guide you towards Cradle Mountain National Park
- Pass quaint and historical towns of Carrick, Hagley and Westbury
- Scenic town of Deloraine - hub between Launceston and Devonport
- Travel further inland passing Australian Blue Gum and pine plantations
- Tour Sheffield - the town of murals
- Traverse through dense forest and mountainous terrain
- Cross the beautiful Cethana Dam made to support hydro scheme
- Look for wombats, potaroos and wallabies in Cradle Mountain National Park
- Stop at Cradle Village Cafe for lunch (own expense)
- Visit the Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre for an appreciation of the Cradle Mountain National Park
- Take a short stroll along the Enchanted Forest Walk viewing pencil pine, lush forest and a spectacular waterfall
- Stand in awe as you take in the powerful and majestic Cradle Mountain reigning over the picturesque
- Dove Lake
- Take a short walk around Dove Lake taking in the views of Cradle Mountain (weather permitting)
- Visit Waldheim Chalet (the forest home) of Gustav Weindorfers
- Stop at Ashgrove Cheese Farm for some famous Tasmanian cheese
- Learn how cheese is made and sample the numerous varieties of cheese made on the premises.